A separate application and credit fee of $40.00 is requiredof each Applicant who is 18 years of age and older.
Our Application Process requires both a Rental History Questionnaire and an Employment Verification to be completed as a prerequisite to determining eligibility for occupancy.
Please visit: http://www.comanacompany.com/application-questionnaires/ for these forms.
You will need to print each form, sign each form, then have each form completed by your current and/or former Landlord(s) and Current Employer. Once Complete they may be faxed back to our office at 619-741-0046.
Our rental criteria includes the following:
- Gross income must generally be to 2 ½ – 3 times the monthly rent. All income must be verified with recent paycheck stubs, or in the case of self-employed, prior two yearstax returns and last three months bank statements. All stated income must be verified by uploading supporting documentation.
- Two years of employment history is required with a minimum of one year on the current job,or no more than two employers in the last two years. Exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis with an acceptable explanation and strong off setting factors.
- The report must contain at least one year of credit history and three trade lines. Stronger credit lines may be required for premium properties. No open delinquency, no judgments, liens, repossessions, etc. Any derogatory items must be fully and satisfactorily explained, isolated in nature, and completely resolved.
- FICO score of 685 or Higher. (Lower Scores will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Tenants with prior evictions may not be accepted. Positive landlord reports for the last two years of tenancy are required. Positive reports include prompt rent payment, no damage to the property, no serious complaints or issues, no past monies due and proper notice upon leaving.
- Tenants with a criminal conviction record may not be accepted. If a criminal conviction appears on your record, further information may be required upon request to assess if the typeof conviction reveals itself as a potential risk to the safety of other residents and/or the property. Reasons of denial include, however are not limited to; felony convictions of burglary, robbery, assault, rape, arson, child molestation or other similar insidious acts of conduct within the last 7years of disposition.
- Three personal references, including one that can be used as an emergency contact if required.
- Reasons for denial may include but are not limited to:Past Eviction, Incomplete Application, Negative Reference from Current orPrevious Landlord, any Falsified Information on your Application, a Collection or Judgment from Current or Previous Landlord, a Non Discharged Bankruptcy, Low FICO Score and Unverifiable income.
When applying please be sure to upload and attach color copies of your Drivers License, Social Security Card and all forms of Verifiable Income. (Failure to upload required documents will delay your application)
If you have a pet, comfort animal or service animal please attach or email the listing agent:
- A letter not more than a year old from your VeterinarianStating your pet, comfort animal or service animal is up to date on all its health checkups and vaccinations and that your pet, comfort animal or service animal does not display any aggressive behavior. (Please be sure letter is onVeterinarian Letter Head with Veterinarian contact information).
- A letter not more than a year old from your Health CareProvider that states you have a disability which creates the need for the comfort animal or service animal. (Please be sure letter is on Health CareProvider Letter Head with Health Care Provider contact information).
Applicant authorizes verification of all references and facts, including but not limited to current and previous landlords, current employer(s), and personal references. Applicant authorizes owner/agent too obtain unlawful detainer, credit report, FICO score, eviction, criminal, terrorist, sex-offender, employment and rental history background records.Applicant agrees to furnish additional credit and/or personal references or other documentation upon request. Applicant understands incomplete or incorrect information provided in the application may cause a delay in processing which may result in denial of tenancy.
Exceptions to the above will be considered on a case-by-case basis with strong offsetting factors and solely at the discretion of The Comana Company, Inc. and the property owner. If an application does not completely satisfy all of the requirements but sufficient explanations and offsetting factors are provided, it may be presented to the property owner for approval.
Submitting an application does not insure the vacancy being applied for will be rented to you nor are applications processed on a first come first serve basis. All applications are processed for the most qualified candidate. The Comana Company, Inc. reserves the right to processes all applications received to determine who best fits the rental criteria as described above. Some applications may take one to three weeks to process depending on how responsive your current employer and/or current and previous landlords may be to our questionnaires. If your credit is run but you are not selected too occupy the vacancy we will not offer you a refund of your application fee however upon request, we will gladly furnish you with a copy of your credit report.
Thank you for applying.
The Comana Company, Inc.
Cal BRE# 01473813