Thank you for your interest in one of our vacancies. Below is our Rental Criteria which is used to qualify applicants.
A separate application and credit fee of $30.00 is required of each Applicant who is 18 years of age and older.
Our Application Process requires both a Rental History Questionnaire and an Employment Verification be completed as a prerequisite to determining eligibility for occupancy.
Please visit: www.ComanaCompany.com/Application-Questionnaires for these forms.
You will need to print each form, sign each form, then have each form completed by your current and/or former Landlord(s) and Current Employer. Once Complete they may be faxed back to our office at 619-741-0046.
Our rental criteria includes the following:
- Gross income must generally be to 2 ½ – 3 times the monthly rent. All income must be verified with recent paycheck stubs, or in the case of self-employed, prior two years tax returns and last three months bank statements. Other income will be verified using acceptable documentation. Unverifiable income will not be considered.
- Any falsified information on your application will be grounds for denial.
- Two years of employment history is required with a minimum of one year on the current job, or no more than two employers in the last two years. Exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis with an acceptable explanation and strong offsetting factors.
- The report must contain at least one year of credit history and three trade lines. Stronger credit lines may be required for premium properties. No open delinquency, no judgments, liens, repossessions, etc. Any derogatory items must be fully and satisfactorily explained, isolated in nature, and completely resolved.
- Tenants with prior evictions may not be accepted. Positive landlord reports for the last two years of tenancy are required. Positive reports include prompt rent payment, no damage to the property, no serious complaints or issues, no past monies due and proper notice upon leaving.
- Tenants with a criminal conviction record may not be accepted. If a criminal conviction appears on your record, further information may be required upon request to assess if the type of conviction reveals itself as a potential risk to the safety of other residents and/or the property. Reasons of denial include, however are not limited to; felony convictions of burglary, robbery, assault, rape, arson, child molestation or other similar insidious acts of conduct within the last 7 years of disposition.
- Three personal references, including one that can be used as an emergency contact if required.
When applying please be sure to upload and attach color copies of your Drivers License, Social Security Card and 3 months Pay Stubs or two years tax returns if self-employed. (Failure to upload required documents will delay your application)
Exceptions to the above will be considered on a case-by-case basis with strong offsetting factors and solely at the discretion of The Comana Company, Inc. and the property owner. If an application does not completely satisfy all of the requirements but sufficient explanations and offsetting factors are provided, it may be presented to the property owner for approval.
Submitting an application does not insure the vacancy being applied for will be rented to you nor are applications processed on a first come first serve basis. All applications are processed for the most qualified candidate. The Comana Company, Inc. reserves the right to processes all applications received to determine who best fits the rental criteria as described above. Some applications may take two to three weeks to process depending on how responsive your employer and or previous landlords may be to our questionnaires. If your credit is run but you are not selected to occupy the vacancy we will not offer you a refund of your application fee however upon request we will furnish you with a copy of your credit report.
Thank you again for your interest in one of our vacancies.